Getting involved in a rear-end car accident is the worst nightmare for everyone. Car accidents may result due to several reasons, and all of them could lead to legal responsibility. Rear-end car accidents are one of the most common types and may lead to fatal injuries. If you or someone you love has been involved in a rear-end collision, our auto accident attorneys in Greensboro, AL at Manley Traeger can provide complete legal assistance.
Here’s what you need to know about rear-end car accidents:
What is Rear-End Car Collision?
It’s one of the most common types of accidents when a car hits the rear bumper of another vehicle. There are times when such car accidents only lead to slight damage and minor injuries to the person in the vehicle. Unfortunately, there are also cases in which rear-end collisions lead to severe damage to vehicles, drivers, and other passengers.
Determining Fault in a Rear-End Collision
Once you file rear-end insurance claim, it’s time for the insurance company to determine fault. In most cases, drivers on the back are deemed responsible for a rear-end collision. However, there may be multiple instances when rear-end collisions occur due to extenuating circumstances:
- Maintaining distance: The car driver at the back should ideally be maintaining a distance between them and the vehicle they are just behind. In case you are tailgating, and the vehicle in front of you stops suddenly, you may not have enough time to stop the car on time and this may lead to a deadly collision.
- Multi-vehicle accidents: If your car is pushed into the car in front of you, the fault would be placed on the driver who hit your car.
- Erratic behavior of the driver in front: If the driver in front displays erratic behavior such as accelerating in reverse or applying brakes at irregular intervals.
- Lighting: If the driver in front doesn’t have functional tail lights and unexpectedly stops the car without deploying hazard lights, the driver could be held liable for the rear-end collision.
The manufacturer of your car could also be at fault if there are mechanical or manufacturing issues that directly led to the crash.
After thorough analysis of your case by an insurance provider, if you are not satisfied with their decision, you need to follow a process for them to hear you out. The required steps include:
- Detailed letter: First, you need to write a detailed letter specifying all the aspects of your case and why you believe that you were not given a fair compensation.
- Documentation: Apart from a detailed letter, documentation is equally important. Written and signed statements, police reports, and reports from mechanics are essential to validate your case.
- Pictures and videos: Pictures and videos can go a long way in clearly portraying what happened at the scene of the accident. If possible, it’s advisable to click pictures and capture videos of the scene of accident from as many angles as possible.
Reach Out to Our Auto Accident Attorneys in Greensboro
If you get involved in a rear-end car collision, it can be overwhelming, frightening, and confusing. Legal protections and compensation, however, can help you to recover in such difficult situations. Our auto accident attorneys in Greensboro at the Law Offices of Manley Traeger can help to assess your situation and obtain the necessary compensation. The seasoned auto accident attorneys in Greensboro can in fact, procure maximum reimbursement that you deserve.
Call us at 334-259-3600, if you would like to learn more about your legal options.