Commercial trucks play a major role in the development of a country’s economy. Trucks carry goods that are necessary for the citizens of the U.S. Various reports of the American transportation department show that the use of cargo vehicles are on the rise. There has been a rise of 50% in the use of these trucks for hauling various goods across the country. Despite having such a prominent role, trucks cause a serious threat to American traffic.
Road accidents are unfortunate but common in today’s world. Accidents not only cause property damage but also severe injuries. Truck accidents vary from most of the common road accidents. Victims of such accidents suffer life-long damages, and in some cases lose the life of a loved one. Survivors of an accident face financial contingencies with the death of a sole earning member of the family.
If you are a victim of such an accident, we understand your mental condition and are here to provide you with every assistance that you require to get over this difficult time. Our truck accident attorney Tuskegee, AL at Manley Traeger are experts in investing and developing a strong case that benefits the victim.
What Causes These Life Threatening Accidents?
Trucks are regularly seen on the highway carrying a huge load of goods. These are large trailer trucks running at the speed of 60 to 70 kilometers per hour. It takes a long time for such heavy vehicles to come to a stop compared to the other vehicles on the road. Truck accidents are caused due to various reasons. Knowing the causes of such accidents can help to avoid them.
- Truck drivers usually drive for long, tedious hours without enough rest in between. Driver fatigue is one of the most commonly identified reasons for truck accidents. The U.S government has made it compulsory by law to provide drivers with fixed timing of work hours. Despite such laws, some drivers tend to drive for long hours to earn some extra money.
- The trucking company has to look after the maintenance of the cargo trucks. Poor maintenance of the vehicle parts can cause dangerous accidents.
- Driving on the highway requires experience and proper skill set. Hundreds of accidents are caused due to negligence on the driver’s part. A trucking company must provide professional training to the drivers before they take on the job role.
- Driving requires undivided attention and concentration. Distraction from the wheel can lead to a gruesome accident. Using a mobile phone, adjusting the radio, drinking coffee, conversing with the co-passenger are some common distraction factors.
We Have The Experience And Skill Set to Ensure a Fair Claim Settlement
What Must You do After an Accident?
We understand that it gets difficult to cope with accident. Nonetheless, there are a few things that you must do to keep yourself safe from other liabilities. Following these steps can help you in the long run to maximize your claim.
- Stay calm. Do not panic. Accidents are hard to deal with. Like any accident, you need to stay calm and focus on safety. Get out and check if your co-passengers are safe.
- Contact 911 and report the accident. Contact other emergency services like an ambulance if anyone is severely injured. If you are well equipped with first aid kit, take care of the basic injuries.
- Gather and record as much as reports you can. Every piece of information is useful in such cases. Take as many pictures you can of the damaged vehicle. It helps in forming a strong claim.
- Do not forget to get a police report. Keeping official documents related to such incidents is advisable.
Contact a Tuskegee truck accident lawyer from the law offices of Manley Traeger as soon as possible. Truck accidents can get complicated quickly. We can provide you expert legal advice and shield you from all legal challenges.
Why Do You Need Our Help?
Manley Traeger is a nationally renowned law firm and has a combined experience of more than a hundred years. Our team of truck accident lawyer Tuskegee is dedicated, accomplished, and has a reputation for delivering the best to our clients. We carefully investigate and gather documents and evidence that help to prepare a strong case. We have a thorough understanding of putting an argument across and aggressively negotiate with the insurance companies to get you the return you deserve.
Are you a victim? Do not delay any longer. Connect with us online or contact us now to book a free evaluation of your case with our Tuskegee truck accident lawyer.
Call Us Now to Protect Your Legal Rights Through Your Truck Accident Claim