When you are running late for work and someone cuts you off, how would you react? Of course, you would get angry and exhibit aggression behind the wheels. Well, you are not alone. According to the Auto accident lawyers across Montgomery, nearly 56% of the auto accident cases they deal with are caused due to aggressive driving – and the numbers are only rising.
Further research by auto accident attorney firms in Montgomery highlights some alarming statistics:
- Almost 50% of drivers in the USA experience aggression while driving.
- 66% of traffic fatalities are a result of road rage & aggressive driving.
- 1/3rd of all collision across the States involves road rage.
- Road age accidents are increasing by 7% each year in the US.
Understanding the psychology behind road rage is one key factor in handling these destructive impulses and mitigating accidents involving them.
Different Forms of Road Rage & Their Reasons
A moment of unbridled anger and uncontrolled impulses can lead to devastating consequences. Driver aggression can shape into different forms. Some of the most common forms of aggressive behavior on roads include:
- Repeated Honking
- Making angry & derogatory gestures
- Lane Blocking
- Purposefully cutting off
- Aggressive Confrontation
- Bumping or ramming vehicles on purpose
Numerous factors may trigger such aggressive behavior, the most frequent reasons being:
- Traffic Delays
- Running Late
- Anger Management Issues
- Impulsive control disorders and other psychological factors
- Habitual Behavior
- Disregard for law & the well-being of others
Handling Road Rage
If you find yourself exhibiting symptoms of road rage & aggression, keep your cool, stay calm, think about your well-being and overcome any negative impulses. Give yourself time to reach someplace so you do not have to rush.
- Do not tailgate or honk incessantly.
- Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Use hand gestures to notify others.
- Give other drivers some leeway.
- Do not get into any sort of confrontations.
In case you come across an aggressive driver,
- Stay away and maintain a safe distance.
- Do not reciprocate and avoid confrontations as much as possible.
- Watch your back while driving and make sure that the other driver is not following you. If so, lock the doors and head to the nearest police station.
Steps To Take During Road Rage Accidents
- Seek immediate medical attention in case of any serious injury.
- Call 911 and wait for the police to arrive.
- Do not engage in any violent behavior with the other driver.
- Remember to ride with proper personal identification documents.
- Leave the accident scene undisturbed.
- Try to obtain the contact information of witnesses.
- Take photos of your injuries and damage.
- Try to get the other driver’s name, contact & insurance information.
- Get in touch with your lawyer as soon as possible
Avail Expert Legal Assistance From Auto Accident Lawyers in Montgomery
Only capable auto accident attorneys in Montgomery with a stellar record of winning some of the most challenging & convoluted auto accident cases can help you overcome the legalities and win an insurance claim. Schedule a FREE consultation with one of the top lawyers to learn about your legal options. Armed with substantial knowledge, extensive experience, and impeccable professional acumen, they can represent you on a contingency fees basis and assist you in every way possible to attain surefire success in your legal matters.