Car accidents are horrifying and unfortunately, deadly. While some of the injuries are relatively minor, millions of people suffer serious injuries or even die in these high-speed collisions. Moreover, the effects of a car crash on your body can be terrifying. So, if you drive in an unsafe manner, your life could be at risk. Unfortunately, more than 7.2 million car accidents occur on the roads of U.S., every year, a much bigger number than trucking accidents. Though trucks are involved in fewer collisions, trucking accidents lead to more damage because of their colossal size.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of someone else, it’s advisable to get in touch with experienced car accident attorneys. Our Montgomery car accident attorneys will guide you through the aftermath of a serious accident. With more than two decades of collective experience, we handle innumerable car accident cases.
To guard your life from damage, pain and suffering, it’s equally crucial to identify the main causes of car accidents. Let’s take a look:
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Driving Under Influence
Driving under the influence of alcohol is one of the most dangerous causes of accidents in the U.S. Alcohol hampers the reflexes and inhibits the response time of the driver, and this can turn out to be deadly.
It’s often tempting to push the speed limits. No wonder speeding is one of the most common causes of car accidents. When a car exceeds the speed limit, chances of deadly and devastating collisions increase.
Texting, eating, reading, and talking when behind the wheel have been the leading causes of car collisions in the past decade. Distracted driving is becoming a greater threat every year.
Defects in the Car
Flat tires or manufacturing defects in the car may lead the vehicle to swerve unexpectedly and cause deadly collisions. While it’s not always possible to avoid this, make sure that your vehicles are maintained at regular intervals.
Here’s A Quick Look at Some of The Most Common Types of Car Accidents
Irrespective of the cause, every auto accident can result in injuries to the motorist and the passengers. There are different types of auto accidents that cause severe injuries and financial losses. Some of these include:
These car collisions are exactly what they sound like. These life-threatening accidents occur when the front ends of two cars collide with each other. It could also involve crashes into trees, large animals, and other objects.
This occurs when a car crashes into the vehicle in front of it. These collisions usually occur due to inattention, distracted driving, panic stops, and tailgating.
Also known as T-bone collisions, the sides of the vehicles suffer maximum impact when it comes to these crashes. The results of these collisions can be severe.
Car rollover occurs when the vehicle flips on to the other side. Rollover crashes are often caused at sharp turns.
Steps To Follow After A Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident is a distressing experience. The confusion and chaos that prevails after the accident can leave the victims unsure of how to proceed. Some people avoid getting legal help because they are afraid of being harassed or just mentally stressed after the accident.
We’ve listed the main steps to follow after a car accident. Doing this will help your Car Injury Attorney Montgomery AL build a stronger case:
- Stay at the Scene of Accident: Do not leave the accident site even if the damage or injuries look minor since it may lead to the impression that you were at fault. In some cities, it can be taken as a hit and run case which is a punishable offense by law.
- Report the Accident to the Police: Whether an accident is a minor fender-bender or a major crash, getting the police involved is crucial. If the police can’t come to the scene of the accident, you can visit the nearest police station.
- Get a Copy of Your Accident Report: Obtain a copy of your report since you will need to submit it to the insurance company and your Car Accident Attorney Montgomery. You need to keep a copy for future reference.
- Collect Evidence: If you are equipped with a camera, take pictures and videos of the accident scene. Collect as much evidence as you can. Every detail is vital to the case.
- Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney: An experienced Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery can help you with your case and ensure that your side of the story is heard so that you are adequately compensated for all your losses.
- Get in Touch With Your Insurance Company: After an accident, it’s crucial to get in touch with your insurance company to procure a fair deal. We are here to represent you and get you justice.
Process for Calculating Auto Accident Claim
Have you been hurt in an motor vehicle accident in Montgomery, Alabama? Only a seasoned Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer can help you to assess and calculate the claim. Here’s a four-step process for calculating auto accident settlements:
Obtain Medical Expenses:
Medical expenses are a significant part of any car accident compensation. Some of the costs that may be included in a car accident claim are prescription and drugs, hospital visits, surgeries, and lab tests. In addition to the medical costs, it’s equally important to calculate the medical costs that you expect to incur in the future to treat yourself.
Calculate Loss of Wages:
Apart from the exorbitant medical bills, you may also have missed work because of the severe injuries. Deep injuries require long time to heal. In addition to lost income, it’s equally important to provide an estimate of the future work time that will be lost during your recovery time.
Track Your Pain and Suffering:
Pain and suffering can be difficult to quantify, but injury from a car accident can have a distinct impact on the physical and emotional well-being of a person. We help you to get through this difficult period and help you to move on.
After an accident, you may have paid money out of your pocket such as booking a rental car to reach the hospital, getting immediate medical help, taking the service of an ambulance, etc. As a victim, you are also entitled to procure such expenses.
Timeline to Settle a Car Accident Claim
Settling a car accident claim means resolving the dispute without going to trial. Once you have all the necessary evidence such as medical records, treatment receipts, medication, witness testimony, and photos, our Montgomery Car Accident lawyer can draft a demand letter stating the exact amount of your claim. The insurance company will then investigate your case and determine whether to accept or deny it. Every case is unique so we determine the exact timeline only after an in-depth investigation.
In the aftermath of a car accident, you may be undecided about whether to hire a lawyer. Some car accidents are life-altering and we advise you to take the legal route. On the other hand, smaller wrecks may appear uncomplicated but may have long-lasting effects.
Situations When You Need the Assistance of Experienced Lawyers
- When the Accident Involves Pedestrians: It’s pretty obvious that pedestrian accidents often lead to significant damage and disparity. Our pedestrian injury lawyer in Montgomery help to determine liability based on the law of negligence.
- When the Crash Causes Significant Damage and Injuries: If you’ve suffered injuries due to the negligence of someone else, our personal injury lawyers are available for assistance.
- When Your Insurance Company Brings up Issues you Were Previously Unaware of: It’s important to remember that insurance companies always make an utmost effort to pay minimum possible compensation to the victims. Only lawyers have an in-depth understanding of all the legal nuances to resolve complicated cases. So taking the legal route can be the best decision.
- When the Collision Occurs in a Construction Zone or Other Protected Areas: If you or someone you love was killed in a car accident that occurred on a construction zone or someone else’s premises, our compassionate premises liability attorneys are available to assist and guide you through the entire process.
How to Choose Competent Car Accident Attorneys in Montgomery, Alabama
If you’ve somehow managed to steer clear of a car accident with injuries, the next step would be ways to choose competent attorneys. The following are some tips to make the right choice in selecting a car accident lawyer:
- Get referrals:
Recommendations are one of the most trusted ways of finding reliable car accident attorneys. In fact, getting a recommendation can narrow down your list of choices.
- Consider experience:
To negotiate and settle car accident cases, you would always want competent lawyers with decades of experience. Our veteran car accident lawyers in Montgomery have a complete understanding of the nuances of law and this helps them to settle car accident cases favorably.
- Choose an aggressive lawyer:
Handling car accident claims means dealing with insurance companies. It’s important to remember that insurance companies are in the business to make money, and they make an utmost effort to make lowball offers. You want an aggressive attorney who can fight on your behalf and try for better settlements.
Montgomery car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Manley Traeger handle complicated car, truck, personal injury, and premises liability cases with ease and efficiency.
What Makes The Law Offices of Manley Traeger Your Right Choice?
We’ve been providing legal representation to car crash victims for over two decades. Our skilled car accident attorneys are capable of handling a variety of complicated cases. We understand that in the event of an accident, lives change in the blink of an eye. If you or someone you love has become the victim of a serious car accident, get in touch with us to discuss you legal options.
Our team of attorneys, paralegals, investigators, clerks, and assistants make all efforts to ensure that you get a favorable settlement. Montgomery injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Manley Traeger can help you with every step of the process of filing a car accident claim.
Backed by years of hands-on experience in representing car accident victims, Montgomery car injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Manley Traeger have a comprehensive understanding of the tactics employed by insurance companies. Irrespective of what claim they make against you, we’ll be there to counter them.
Our car accident attorneys in Montgomery will trace and analyze all evidence, speak to medical experts, and use their in-depth legal knowledge to obtain a favorable verdict.
When you choose us, rest assured that there’s someone looking after your interests. Call us at (334) 259-3600 for a no-obligation consultation!