Injuries, irrespective of their gravity and repercussions, are not a pleasant experience by any stretch of the imagination. There’s always pain and suffering associated with even minor injuries. However, brain and head injuries are complicated medical cases that could change your life forever. You’ll need immediate and urgent medical attention if you’ve sustained a brain injury, but the buck does not stop here. Brain injuries are severe medical conditions that require treatment for an extended period of time. The circumstances and consequences of each brain injury can be totally different from the other. This fact is well understood by the experienced brain injury lawyers in Montgomery who work with the Law Offices of Manley Traeger.
Brain injuries could result from several factors — sports injuries, a violent blow to the head, heart problems, electric shock, slip and fall accidents, toxic exposure, etc. If any of your loved ones has sustained a brain injury because of the fault of another person, call us immediately to schedule a free, no-obligation lawsuit consultation. With years of experience and hundreds of successful lawsuits to our credit, we can help you in obtaining the appropriate compensation for your losses.
What is Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) results from a violent jolt to the head. Any sharp object that penetrates the brain tissue, such as a shattered piece of skull or any foreign object, or a bullet shot to the head, leads to a TBI. Such injuries may lead to the temporary damage of brain cells. Severe brain injuries may lead to bruising, bleeding, torn tissues, and other physical damage to the brain.
Brain Injury: An Indelible Trauma
The latest report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention contains some shocking facts when it comes to TBI in the country. The data reveals:
- Over 1.7 million people sustain a TBI each year; and for over 50,000, it proves to be fatal.
- Over 30% of injury-related deaths are linked to brain injury.
- The annual medical cost associated with brain injuries in the US exceeds $60 billion.
What Are the Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Falls are one of the most common causes of TBIs. Falls, in fact, lead to more than 50% TBI-related hospitalizations and deaths in the United States. If a brain injury is caused due to the reckless and careless actions of another person, our brain injury lawyers in Montgomery at the Law Offices of Manley Traeger can help to procure maximum compensation. Traumatic Brain Injury may occur due to innumerable reasons, some of which are as follows:
- Motor vehicle accidents: As per the Centers for Disease Control, motor vehicle crashes are the leading causes of TBIs. In brain injury lawsuits, the accused is the driver who failed to operate h/her vehicle responsibly.
- Slip and fall: As mentioned earlier, slips and falls at workplaces and nursing homes lead to severe brain injuries to a large number of individuals.
- Medical malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs when the healthcare provider fails to provide the standard of care expected, thereby leading to severe injuries such as TBI.
- Workplace accidents: We all go to our respective workplaces believing that safety is our employer’s main concern. Unfortunately, the safety of employees is often put at stake to improve productivity and cut costs. If your employer puts you in danger intentionally, you are eligible to procure compensation for your losses.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Signs and symptoms of TBI may start occurring within 24 hours. Traumatic brain injuries can have wide-ranging physical and psychological effects:
- Loss of consciousness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Numbness and tingling
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Blurred vision
- Mood swings
- Concentration problems
The brain controls our entire body, including our personality, which means any injury to it could severely curtail our ability to lead a normal, happy life.
The sympathetic and compassionate brain injury lawyers in Montgomery working with the Law Offices of Manley Traeger are aware of the stress caused by a brain injury. If your brain injury is the result of the fault of another person or organization, we will file a brain injury lawsuit on your behalf. We will closely work with you at every stage to ensure you receive adequate compensation for your pain and suffering, so that financial hardships do not come in the way of you or your loved one in getting the best possible treatment.
Elements of a Brain Injury Lawsuit
To file a lawsuit, a victim must have suffered trauma. When a lawyer represents a brain injury victim, h/she needs to prove the following:
- Duty of Care: This mainly refers to a legal obligation that requires an individual to exercise a reasonable level of care to prevent harm and injury to others.
- Breach of Duty: An individual may be considered negligent if there’s breach of duty. For instance, in a medical malpractice case if the doctor conducts an operation that is unacceptable by the medical community, then it’s a breach of duty.
- Causation: The lawyer representing the interests of plaintiffs needs to prove that the negligence of the defendant has led to the injury or damage.
- Damages: To file a lawsuit, the injury incurred must have caused either economic or non-economic damages.
How Our Seasoned Brain Injury Lawyers in Montgomery Can Help
>> Obtaining Maximum Compensation
After a TBI, it may get difficult for the injured and their family to cope with the medical expenses. Our competent brain injury attorneys fight for your rights and ensure to obtain the maximum compensation for lost wages, loss in earning capacity, and childcare.
>> Protecting Your Legal Rights
You receiving a brain injury is not your fault. Our seasoned brain injury lawyers in Montgomery can educate you and arm you with the knowledge of your legal rights.
>> Connecting You to the Appropriate Services
You may believe that your brain injury lawyer is just a litigator. With more than two decades of experience in tackling complicated brain injuries, our lawyers can connect you to local support groups and therapists specializing in brain injuries.
Get in Touch With Our Montgomery Brain Injury Attorneys Today
The lawyer you choose can make all the difference between winning favorable compensation and walking away empty-handed. Our brain injury lawyers in Montgomery specialize in handling critical brain injury cases. We are selective about the cases we handle, so that we can spend more time working on fewer but significant lawsuits.
If you’re on the fence about whether you should go ahead and seek the assistance of an attorney, we offer a free case analysis so you can decide.
For further assistance, call us.